Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 5 March 2013

February Favourites 2013

A little late to the monthly favourites party this time but finally here are my February Favourites!

First off I'll start with hair care... My hair had slowly been looking duller and duller as my old highlights grew out and before I knew it I realised it had been 3 months since I'd sat my ass in the hairdressers! Oops... Anyhow after a quick berating for not coming back sooner my stylist Lauren then said my hair was in much healthier condition than normal and asked what I'd been doing... The only thing I have changed is I have been using Ojon products since running out of my beloved Bumble and Bumble Creme De Coco! Both are owned by the Estée Lauder group and I picked up the Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo on my February visit to their factory. Since using my hair has been softer and more manageable and it would appear much healthier! Well now I have whole head of blonde highlights to take care of so luckily I have a nice stash of Ojon shampoos, conditioners and masks to keep my newly coloured locks safe!

Next up is my favourite fragrance for February, the Michael Kors 'Island - Very Bali' perfume. It's a very clean smelling scent but there is a musky floral hint to it which makes it very wearable for this time of year.

Moving on my next favourite is a bronzer that I again picked up in February's Estée Lauder trip and its the Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee in '01 Shimmering Sands'. This is such a pick me up at the moment as I am finding it completely depressing being a pale face! I tan really easily and spend a lot of time outdoors at weekends and so a little colour on my face is imminent but until then this will have to do! It must be used sparingly though, use a heavy hand and expect to look like your little 5 year old sister did your blush! This does apply like a dream though and gives you a rosy and dewy look to your complexion. You would expect it to be glittery given its gold colour but it really isn't at all!

Twice a day every day since its purchase I have also been slapping on this Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate. Now that I am 2 years off 30 I am stepping up my prevention of the dreaded wrinkles and have started to use this on my forehead and around the eyes where my skin will naturally crease if I laugh or frown... So far so good some of my new work colleagues guessed my age to be 22 today, I like them already! The consistency of this cream is good, a little goes a long way and there is no awful scent to contend with and I have noticed that my forehead looks a tiny bit smoother but I'm carrying on with this as it takes about 8 weeks to really see a difference and this is more prevention for me really!

I have also been loving my MAC Lipglass in 'Casual Air' this month. It's a totally wearable light pinky nude colour that layers well over most nude lipsticks and I have found myself reaching for this pretty much every work day!

And finally I am still besotted with my No7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator. I pop a thumbnail sized blob of this onto my fingers and sweep in circular motions around my face avoiding the eye area just to sweep away dead skin cells. The micro-crystals do a good job of this and after each use I am left with baby soft skin!

Have you tried any of these products? Do you love them too?

Much love,

SJ xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment